Indiana Collection Agency Services Statute of Limitations
Below you will find important information on Indiana state debt recovery laws including: Indiana Statutes, Judgments, Garnishments, Interest Rates, and Bad Check Laws.
- Legal: 8%
- Judgment: 8%
STATUTE OF LIMITATIONS (IN YEARS)
- Open Account: 6
- Written Contract (for payment of money before 9/1/1982): 10
- Written Contract (for payment of money after 8/31/1982): 6
- Written Contract (for other than payment of money before 9/1/1982): 20
- Written Contract (for other than payment of money after 8/31/1982): 10
- Written Contract for sale of goods: 4
- Domestic Judgment: 10 on real estate (renewable for additional 10); 20 against the person
- Foreign Judgment: 10
BAD CHECK LAWS (CIVIL PENALTY)
Triple check amount up to $500 over check amount, + attorney fees & interest up to 18% per annum or triple check amount + attorney fees and interest at 8% per annum.
GENERAL GARNISHMENT EXEMPTIONS
75% of disposable earnings for work week or the amount of 30 x fed. min. hourly wage, whichever is greater.